Category Archives: iPad
iPad is one of the most revolutionary products that have been developed by Apple. The device not just revolutionized, but in fact has given a new birth to a market segment that barely existed below. Although the device is extremely easy to use, then too new users need some guidance and assistance in the beginning. In this guide book we have compiled numerous tips, tricks and how to tutorials for the iPad for both novice and experienced users. You may want to bookmark this page for later reference. Additionally, we would highly appreciate if you can share this guide book with your friends and family.
The iPhone and iPads are all about sharing your precious moments with your loved ones one the go. The devices have been made extremely easy to enable collaborations. Users can easily share multiple photos at the same time using their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. In this article we will explain how to send multiple photos from iPhone or iPad.
How To Send Multiple Photos From iPhone or iPad
In order to send multiple photos from iPhone or iPad, perform the following the steps:
- Go to the Photos app.
- Now tap on the arrow icon in the lower left corner.
- Select the photos that you want to send by tapping on them. The selected photos will have a red check appear on them.
- You can now tap on ‘Share’ or ‘Email’. The one thing to keep in mind is that the email option has a 5 photo limit.
- You can get around the 5 photo limit, by sending the photos via the ‘Message’ app. The Message app also allows you to send photos to a Mac having iMessage.
That was all that you have to do in order to send multiple photos from iPhone or iPad.
Some users from time to time have a need to view page source of certain websites. However, mobile Safari i.e. the default browser for iPhone and iPad does not include the feature to view page source. However, there is a bookmarklet that can enable you to view source of any webpage from an iPhone or iPad. The bookmarklet has been created by Michelsen.dk. In this article we will explain how to view page source on Safari in an iPhone or iPad.
How To View Page Source On Safari In An iPhone or iPad
In order to view page source on Safari in an iPhone or iPad, perform the following steps:
- Bookmark this page or any other page on Mobile Safari in iPhone or iPad and rename it to be ‘View Source’.
- Tap on the bookmark icon in Safari and tap ‘Edit’.
- Tap on the bookmark that you saved in the first step.
- Whenever you want to view the source of a web page, open the Bookmarks menu and tap on the ‘View Source’ bookmark. This will enable you to see the source code in highlighted syntax along with source urls that you can click on.
The only caveat in this entire process is that whenever you click on view source the page is sent to michelsen.dk server for processing. This will normally not be a problem, however, if you want to protect your privacy you can try out some other mechanisms.
Multitasking gestures are a quick and easy way to use multitouch shortcuts to navigate around the the iPad. The gestures allow you to quickly move through different apps and do alot of other things fairly quickly. In this article we will explain how to use multitasking gestures to navigate on the new iPad 3.
How to Use Multitasking Gestures To Navigate on The New iPad
You can quickly understand how to use the multitasking gestures by watching the video embedded below.
The complete list of the multitasking gestures is provided below:
- Swipe up with four fingers: Opens the Fast App Switcher
- Swipe down with four fingers: Closes the Fast App Switcher
- Swipe left with four fingers: Enables you to move from the current app to the previous app (according to the order presented in the Fast App Switcher).
- Swipe right with four fingers: Enables you to move from the current app to the next app (according to the order presented in the Fast App Switcher).
- Pinch with four fingers: Exits an app and takes you to the Home screen (like clicking the Home button)
So enjoy navigating your way through the new iPad and also have a look at the following video.
iOS has a pretty good app called TinyUmbrella to backup SHSH Blogs on the iOS devices. However, we now have a new app called iSHSHit that can allow you to backup your SHSH Blobs. The current version of iSHSHit which is 1.0.14 can backup iOS 5.1 firmware SHSH Blobs directly on your iPhone or iPad or iPod Touch. In this article we will explain how to Back iOS 5.1 SHSH Blobs using iSHSHit on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
How to Backup iOS 5.1 SHSH Blobs using iSHSHit on iPhone or iPad
- You would need to have a jailbroken device to proceed. Once you have a jailbroken device, you can move ahead by following the steps listed below:
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken iDevice and search for iSHSHit. You will be able to find iSHSHit under the BigBoss repository.
- Install iSHSHit.
- Restart your spring board after installing iSHSHit.
- Now launch iSHSHit app by tapping on its icon which can be found on the homescreen.
- You would now see a screen showing a unique chip ID. In addition to this you would also see an option to change your model and an option to select the SHSH blob which you want to backup.
- Tap on ‘Manage SHSH’. This will provide you with the list of all earlier SHSH blogs which you have saved using the iSHSHit app.
- Tap the ‘Save’ button after you have selected the desired options in settings pane. Now the SHSH Blobs would be downloaded and saved to your device from Apple’s server.
- You can also permanently store the SHSH Blobs by emailing them to yourself.
- Finally you would have to Tap ‘OK’ to complete the entire process once you are done with saving and emailing iOS 5.1 SHSH Blob.
Finding text on a website in a desktop browser is pretty easy and straight forward. However, the same can not be said about iPhone or iPad. In this article we will explain how to ‘Find on Page’ on an iPhone or iPad with Safari.
How to ‘Find On Page’ on an iPhone or iPad with Safari
- If you want to search for a text or phrase on a page, type that text or phrase on the Search box in the upper right corner.
- Once you have typed in the text or phrase, swipe down to the bottom of the suggestion list that would appear and tap on ‘Find “search text”’ under ‘On This Page (x matches)’
- Once you have tapped, the searched text would be highlighted in yellow on the webpage, just like in Safari on Mac OS X or Windows.
After you have finished with finding the text, tap on the blue ‘Done’ button. This will remove the highlighting from the webpage.
iOS on iPad has a very interesting feature called Picture Frame, which allows users to rotate photos from their photo gallery on their iPad display. By default the iPad Picture Frame app flips through all photos in the Photos camera roll album. However, you can create a custom folder containing the photos of your choice to be displayed in iPad picture frame. In this article we will explain how to display custom photos in iPad Picture Frame.
How to Display Custom Photos In iPad Picture Frame
In order to display custom photos in iPad picture frame, perform the following steps:
- Go to the Photos app and tap on Albums tab.
- Now tap ‘Edit’ and create a new album by tapping on the ‘New Album’ button. Name the new album something like ‘Picture frame’.
- Now move the photos that you want to show in iPad picture frame to the newly created folder.
- Go to Settings > Picture Frame.
- Now go to ‘Albums’, unselect ‘Camera Roll’ by tapping on it and select on the newly created ‘Picture frame’ album.
- Exit Settings go to the lock screen and tap on the flower icon to start the Picture Frame.
The Picture frame would now start with your custom photos.
iPhoto is the latest app that has been released by Apple. However, one issue with the app is that it requires iOS 5.1. The issue is that people who likes Jailbreaking can not upgrade to iOS 5.1 since there is no Jailbreak available for iOS 5.1. So in this article we will explain how to install iPhoto and iMovie on iOS 5.0.1.
How to install iPhoto and iMovie on iOS 5.0.1
The video embedded below explains how to use iFile to make App Store think that you are on a supported firmware and allow you to download and install iPhoto, iMovie or any other iOS 5.1 supported app.
- Launch iFile and go to /System/Library/CoreServices.
- Tap SystemVersion.plist and select Property List Viewer
- Now tap on the ProductVersion and change 5.0.1 to 5.1.
- Close iFile respring your iPhone or iPad.
- Now you can open the App Store and install iPhot, iMovie or any other app that is only supported on iOS 5.1.
- The last thing that you would have to do is launch iFile again and change ProductVersion back to iOS 5.0.1 and respring it.
That’s all you need to do in order to install iPhoto and iMovie on iOS 5.0.1.
Some users have problems configuring Yahoo IMAP on iPad. In this article we will explain how to setup Yahoo Mail on iPad.
How To Setup Yahoo Mail On iPad
In order to setup Yahoo mail on iPad, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account and tap on Yahoo.
- Now enter your name, address, password, and provide a description of your account.
- Ensure that the On switch is flipped for Mail, and optionally for Calendars and Notes in the next screen. If you would turn the Calendars and Notes switch On, this would turn on syncing of your Yahoo Calendars on your iPad.
- Tap Save, when you are done.
How to Setup Yahoo Mail on Mac
You can as easily setup Yahoo mail on Mac. In order to setup Yahoo mail on Mac OS X, perform the following steps:
- Launch the Mail app.
- Now go to Mail > Preferences > Accounts.
- Click the plus button “+” at the bottom of the mail accounts listing.
- Enter the account details that you are prompted for and click Create to use Mail with your Yahoo Mail account.
If you want to sell your iPhone or iPad to someone, it is better to transfer ownership of your device with default factory settings. Restoring your device to its factory settings is an easy process and you may have to do this as a troubleshooting step again and again if you face problems. Even though, you can reset the device on its own, but if your iPhone or iPad become unresponsive, needs restoration, stuck on a boot loop, then you have to connect computer to your iOS device to access iTunes.
If you want to restore your device quickly, using iTunes is much faster option than resetting through the iPad or iPhone itself, so if you are trying for on-device restoration and it took forever, we already warned you.
How to Restore an iPhone or iPad to Default using iTunes
Do not restore from a backup If you want to restore to factory settings during following process:
- Launch iTunes
- Connect the iPad, iPod touch, or iPhone to your computer and select it within iTunes, check the “Show” button if it is not visible
- Click on the “Summary” tab and then click on the “Restore” button
- iTunes will show you a message asking you to back up the device, although this is recommended in most cases but for restoring factory settings, just click “Don’t Back Up”
- The confirmation screen will appear, click “Restore” and it will begin restoration of factory settings on your device.
You will receive an alert message from iTunes when restoration is finished. It takes sometime before iTunes show you an alert message. As soon as restoration is done, your device will boot up and will reset to default factory settings. You need to connect all devices that are pre iOS 5 to iTunes to complete the process. With iOS 5 devices, your device will show you set up screens that will guide you for booting process.
In we already mentioned in our steps, if you are restoring factory settings, do not select to restore from a backup during the process as it will only make a new installation and your device will contain the same old data you had before the restoration began.
If your device is already Jailbroken, you may encounter with error 3194 during this process. If you face such situation, just change the the hosts file before starting to restore your device to factory settings.
Feel free to share your feedback in the comments below!!