Category Archives: Samsung
Samsung is a multinational conglomerate based in Seoul, South Korea. The group has various subsidies which include Samsung Electronics (the world’s largest information technology company based on 2010 revenues), Samsung Heavy Industries (the world’s second-largest shipbuilder based by 2010 revenues), and Samsung Engineering and Samsung C&T (respectively the world’s 35th- and 72nd-largest construction companies). Samsung Electronics can be thought of as a true competitor to Apple, since the Korean giant has a product to compete with almost all Apple counterparts, such as smartphones, tablets, PCs, laptops and so on. In this guide book we have compiled numerous tips, tricks and how to tutorials for Samsung products that both novice and experienced users can use. You may want to bookmark this page for later reference. Additionally, we would highly appreciate if you can share this guide book with your friends and family.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus is one of the best selling Android phones and is certainly a device that is giving iPhone a run for its money. Samsung Galaxy Nexus has a lot of features that other Android devices currently lack. This is also because most other Android devices are yet to receive their update of Android Ice Cream Sandwich. Samsung Galaxy Nexus, like iPhone allows you to take screenshots on the Galaxy Nexus which can allow users to share their settings and wallpapers. In this article we will explain how to take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android Phone.
How to Take a Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android Phone
In order to take a screen shot on Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android Phone, do the following:
- Go to the screen that you want to capture.
- Disable the apps that you dont want to show up in your screenshot.
- Now press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button.
- You should now hear the camera shutter sound, which will indicate that the screenshot has been taken.
Screenshots in Samsung Galaxy Nexus are stored in Internal StoragePicturesScreenshots folder. In order to view your latest screenshot pull down the notification bar and tap on “Screen captured”.
That’s all you need to do in order to take screen shots in Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Jaxbot has made an amazing effort at Window Phone Hacker by releasing an interop Unlock for WP 7 devices. Before Jaxbot’s WindowsBreak the Mango device owners had to pay either $ 99 or needs to register with Microsoft via developers hub in order to root access. One more option for the root access was to go for the newly-released Chevron , which costs $9. WP 7 devices that are not from Samsung will still have to resort to the above unlocking methods but the lucky Samsung users can get interop unlock for free, which grants a higher level of registry access than Chevron’s $9 developer unlock.
If you are worried about the preparation, downloading of many tool’s and updation of Zune. Then no need to worry about that, even you are not required to come around your PC before you use WindowsBreak. This process works much like to Jailbreak. Following step shows the gain of interop unlock on Samsung devices.
- Enter the following URL in the Internet Explorer of your phone.
- This will led you to the Jailbreak page. Where you will see two options: A) Read more b) WindowsBreak Me.
- Tap the WindowsBreak Me button.
- After the second step you will find some directories listed there. Tap on the 7th option named “WindowsBreak”. Even though the name of the file is not visible fully in portrait mode, holding your phone in landscape will reveal that the file is actually labeled WindowsBreak.xml.
- When, you will download the XML file then it will open up a new IE tab. Don’t do anything, just press Start button of your device to exit from the browser.
- Now dial ##634# with your phone. This will open up the Diagnostics menu.
- Enter *#9908# in the Diagnostic keypad
- This will open a drop-down list on your screen. Scroll to the end of it, and select the WindowsBreak option and press Save.
- Wait for a minute, and then restart the phone.
This WindowsBreak have been tested on Samsung Omnia 7 and found to be running flawlessly. Developer have also promised to launch WindowsBreak for those who have WP 7 devices other then Samsung like HTC and Nokia.
Thanks to the Android hacker community, we now have a very easy method to relock and restore Galaxy Nexus boatloaders. This is specially handy, if you want to send your device back to the manufacturer in order to claim warranty or for some repairs. Even if you dont have a device problem, you might at some point in time want to refresh everything and start anew. In this article we will explain how to unroot Samsung Galaxy Nexus using one click method. The method works for both LTE and GSM versions.
How To Unroot the Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Android Using One Click Method
Before you begin, you must be aware of the fact that this will erase all data from your Android device. So we caution you to only perform the unroot, if you really want to have a completely fresh setup on your Galaxy Nexus. Having said this, we would also want to inform you that this method only works with Windows. Now, you can follow the instructions listed below to unroot your Samasung Galaxy Nexus:
- Make sure that USB debugging is turned On on your Android device. In order to turn it On, go to Settings > Developer Options and turn it ON.
- Plug your phone via USB cable.
- Download and install Galaxy Nexus Toolkit.
- Open the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit and click on Flash Stock + Unroot.
- Now just follow the prompts.
- Once done, click on OEM Lock and wait for the phone to prompt you.
- On seeing the prompt, click Yes.
- Wait for your device to reboot.