Category Archives: Windows
Most of the users are unable to use complete features of Windows 7’s library. The basic use of a system library is to virtually merge or consolidate directories. You can use libraries offered by your operating system for music, photos, documents and videos.
If you are a Windows 7 user, you can also use some additional features offered by libraries in Windows 7. The operating system allows you to add folders to existing libraries that can help you in managing content of any particular library. You can also add new libraries that can help you in custom data collections.
One of the interesting uses of these features is to create a library for the local Dropbox folder. Few simple steps can help you in creating a new library for Dropbox folder. Dropbox is an exciting feature that allows synchronization and cloud hosting service. On installation, it creates a root Dropbox folder on the system. Your operating system than automatically synchronize all contents of the folder with cloud hosting space.
This article will provide you detail instructions about creating Dropbox as a library to Windows 7.
Step # 1. Go to Windows Explorer where you can find Libraries in the left sidebar, click on libraries.
Step # 2. In the new window, click on “New Library” button that will be at the top. You have to provide “Dropbox” as name in the text field, click ok to save the name.
Step # 3. Now select properties from the context menu by right-clicking on the newly created library. The new window will open that allows you to add folders to the newly created library.
Step # 4. To synchronzie the newly created “Dropbox” library, locate a button “Include a folder” in the interface and click on it. Now, you can browse to the Dropbox storage folder saved on your system. In most cases, it is by default added to C:UsersusernameDocumentsMy Dropbox
Step # 5. After locating the Dropbox storage folder, select “My Dropbox” to include this folder in the library by clicking on “include folder” button. The folder will now appear under library locations in the properties window.
You can also optimize the folder for the types of files in your Dropbox folder by changing the settings. For example, you can optimize your Dropbox folder for only documents if you want to host only documents through your Dropbox account.
The new configuration will be saved as soon as you click on the OK button. With all these changes, you can now view all your Dropbox files in Windows explorer whenever you click on your Dropbox library.
Another alternative is to add the Dropbox folder to the favorites. The effect will be same as you can see the files in list view in the Windows Explorer’s sidebar.
I hope you will find this tutorial helpful, let us know about your feedback in the comments below!!
Next generation OS, Microsoft Windows 8 from Microsoft comes with many major changes that includes the new start screen, Microsoft windows internet explorer and also the new task manager. Storage space is a new function added to Microsoft windows 8. This new function allows to add physical drives into storage pools and hence create virtual drives with the help of these pools. The new two way mirror feature of storage space can be used for storing, it basically stores the data in two places in case one of them fails.
Space storage has two main features as mentioned below:
- With the addition of storage disks, storage pools can be expanded, these disks can be connected via a USB, SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) or SATA (Serial ATA). Storage pool can be composed of disks with different sizes and can be connected differently.
- Usage of virtual disk a.k.a spaces works just like physical disks in all manners, however spaces have special functions like thin provisioning and also resilience to failures of the dependent physical media.
Storage Space can be created from the control panel:
Storage pool can be made from selected drives, whereas these drives can be connected to the PC/Laptop via a USB.
After the storage pool is ready, space can be created from the pool. The two way mirror layout ensures that data is stored in at least two different disks.
After a physical disk comes under a pool it cannot be used directly by the rest of the windows. For using the two way mirror function, a user must have a minimum of two drives attached to the storage pool. This new function is based on a really interesting idea of protecting data.
Jaxbot has made an amazing effort at Window Phone Hacker by releasing an interop Unlock for WP 7 devices. Before Jaxbot’s WindowsBreak the Mango device owners had to pay either $ 99 or needs to register with Microsoft via developers hub in order to root access. One more option for the root access was to go for the newly-released Chevron , which costs $9. WP 7 devices that are not from Samsung will still have to resort to the above unlocking methods but the lucky Samsung users can get interop unlock for free, which grants a higher level of registry access than Chevron’s $9 developer unlock.
If you are worried about the preparation, downloading of many tool’s and updation of Zune. Then no need to worry about that, even you are not required to come around your PC before you use WindowsBreak. This process works much like to Jailbreak. Following step shows the gain of interop unlock on Samsung devices.
- Enter the following URL in the Internet Explorer of your phone.
- This will led you to the Jailbreak page. Where you will see two options: A) Read more b) WindowsBreak Me.
- Tap the WindowsBreak Me button.
- After the second step you will find some directories listed there. Tap on the 7th option named “WindowsBreak”. Even though the name of the file is not visible fully in portrait mode, holding your phone in landscape will reveal that the file is actually labeled WindowsBreak.xml.
- When, you will download the XML file then it will open up a new IE tab. Don’t do anything, just press Start button of your device to exit from the browser.
- Now dial ##634# with your phone. This will open up the Diagnostics menu.
- Enter *#9908# in the Diagnostic keypad
- This will open a drop-down list on your screen. Scroll to the end of it, and select the WindowsBreak option and press Save.
- Wait for a minute, and then restart the phone.
This WindowsBreak have been tested on Samsung Omnia 7 and found to be running flawlessly. Developer have also promised to launch WindowsBreak for those who have WP 7 devices other then Samsung like HTC and Nokia.
This article is for users who have not yet started with the Photo Stream feature on iOS 5 and iCloud. I am going to take you through all such steps that will help you configure and then access Photo Stream on both Windows and Mac.
In order to use the Photo Stream you must have iOS 5. This feature will automatically enable the photos to get uploaded right from your camera roll to the iCloud and then transferred to other devices like iPad or even your own desktop computer. Hence there is no need to get the photos transferred manually between various devices. One photo taken on your iPhone will automatically be transferred to all the other devices to which you have subscribed for the Photo Stream.
How to setup the Photo Stream on iPhone
The Photo Stream in not enabled by default. So you will have to go to the iPhone Settings and tap on iCloud. You can get your iCloud activated by logging in with your Apple account. Then tap on Photo Stream option to turn the switch On and this will enable the feature.
That is it. Now once you take a photo on your iPhone using your Camera app it will automatically get uploaded to the Photo Stream of iCloud and transferred to all other linked devices. This upload will take place only with the new photos that are being taken from that point onwards and also only if your device is connected to WiFi.
How to access the Photo Stream when you are using Mac
If you want to access the Photo Stream on Mac, you will be required to have the iPhoto v9.2 or up. Just like the Photo Stream on iPhone, the feature needs to be enabled to get started with it. Therefore, open the iPhoto and chose Preferences option that is present in the menu bar.
From here, choose the option Photo Stream and then tap on the Enable Photo Stream option. This will activate it. Check on the box Automatic Import if you want to import all the photos from the Photo Stream to your photo library.
Tap on the Photo Stream button that is located on the left pane of the screen. It might take a bit longer to get all the photos downloaded from iCloud to iPhoto for the very first time you start using it.
How to access the whole Photo Stream on Windows
iCloud is only supported on Windows 7 and Vista (with service pack 2). In order to access the Photo Stream click here to download and install iCloud Control Panel.
After installing, click open the Control Panel, select Network and Internet, iCloud and then continue with the login with your Apple ID to access iCloud.
Check that the iCloud Control Panel is enabled. The Photo Stream will save and download all your photos by default in the folder My Photo Stream. If you want to change the location, click on the tab Option and set it to the folder where you want the photos to get saved.
Click on the button Apply and enable the Photo Stream. After waiting for a few minutes, the photos will start downloading in the folder My Photo Stream.
In this article we will explain how you can create and use multiple iTunes libraries on a single Mac or PC. This guide will be especially for people who have a single home PC or Mac but yet want to create separate iTunes libraries for their kids, spouses and for themselves.
How to make numerous iTunes libraries?
In order to create multiple libraries, follow the steps detailed below:
- First of all you will have to quit iTunes.
- Then press ALT, in Windows, or OPTION, in MAC, and click on the icon of iTunes.
- Just after that, you will see a box. All you have to do is to click at “Create Library”
- Now it is up to you to select the location of the particular library. Do remember to give every library a definite name (it is better to name the libraries on the names of your family members or friends, so that you may recognize them effortlessly).
- Soon you will observe that a new and empty library will open up. You can save different kinds of files in that library like movies, audio songs, podcasts and dramas etc.
- Now repeat the earlier stated steps to add new libraries.
How to Switch Libraries ?
You can switch between different libraries by following the If you do not know how to switch from one iTunes library to other, just follow the following steps;
- If your iTunes is processing something or is open then you should quit it.
- In Windows press “ALT” and click at iTunes’ icon. If you are a MAC user, do the same thing by pressing “OPTION”.
- You will notice a box which will appear on the screen all you have to do is to press the button which says “Choose Library”
- Soon a browser will appear, after that find the library you want to open up and select any one.
- Now all you have to do is to enjoy through your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch as you will be able to now open and enjoy the files from one library to other.