Kindle Fire now has a new feature in the latest software update that allows users to share passages with people while using their Kindle Fire. So Kindle Fire users can now share passages from with e-Books or PDF files with other members of the Amazon community. In this article we will explain how to share PDF or eBook passages on Kindle Fire.
How to Share PDF or eBook Passages On Kindle Fire
In order to share passages PDF or eBook passages on Kindle Fire, perform the following steps:
- The first thing that you need to do is to select the passage to share. You can select the passage by long-pressing on that part of the text.
- This will highlight the text and would place brackets at the beginning and end of the highlighted text.
- Now drag the beginning and ending brackets to adjust your selection.
- Once you have selected exactly what you want to share, tap on the share button that is displayed just above the selected text.
- In addition to sharing the passage, you can also leave a note for yourself or keep the section highlighted so that you can reference it later.
- The sharing page will appear once you have tapped on the sharing button.
- From the sharing page, you can select on which social networks you would want to share the passage.
- Once you have tapped the orange button the passage would be shared with the Amazon community.
AT&T users having a Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket phone can now have the Android 4.0.3 version of Ice Cream Sandwich on their phones. In this article we will explain how to root AT&T Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-i727 running Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich.
How To Root AT&T Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-i727 On Android 4.0.3 ICS
Before you begin you would need to download the required files:
- You need to keep ClockworkMod and Odin on your PC, where as transfer Superuser to /sdcard on your Galaxy S II Skyrocket.
- Extract Odin on your PC and launch it by clicking on it.
- Power off your Skyrocket. Now, reboot it by pressing the Volume Up + Volume Down buttons and simultaneously connecting your Galaxy S II Skyrocket with your PC. Leave the Volume Up + Volume Down once you see the Download Mode screen.
- Once Galaxy S II Skyrocket is connected to the PC, Odin will detect your phone.
- Now Click on the PDA button and select the ClockworkMod archive file you downloaded earlier.
- Click Start.
- After you have clicked on the Start button, ClockworkMod Recovery will be flashed onto your Galaxy S II Skyrocket. After Odin is done with its thing, the phone will reboot.
- Power off your phone once again and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons. Leave the buttons once you are at the main menu.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > SuperUser 3.0.7.zip. If the name of the SuperUser file differs, just make sure to install the SuperUser file that you downloaded earlier.
- Reboot your phone once SuperUser is installed.
- Your Galaxy S II Skyrocket would now finally boot into Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich, but the only difference would be that you would now have root access.
via Redmond Pie
Samsung Galaxy S II now supports Android Ince Cream Sandwich 4.0.3. Although the update will be gradually rolled out in countries, it would also require approval from individual carriers. So still it would take some time before the users could have Android 4.0.3 on their Samsung Galaxy S II devices. However, if you can not wait any more for Android 4.0.3 to be officially available in your part of the world, you can follow this guide. In this article we will explain how to install Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich On Galaxy S II.
How to Install Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich On Galaxy S II
- Download the latest version of the Kies application from Samsung Apps website. This app contains all the necessary drivers and communication goodies that are needed to allow Samsung Galaxy S II to connect to your PC with minimal fuss.
- Install the Kies application on your PC.
- Now you would require Odin. Odin app allows Ice Cream Sandwich to be flashed to the Samsung Galaxy S II. You can download Odin from here.
- Now enable ‘USB debugging’ on Samsung Galaxy S II. You can do this by going to ‘Settings > Applications > Development’ and checking the ‘USB Debugging’ box.
- Download Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware file from here.
- After downloading the firmware file extract its contents.
- Open the ‘Odin’ app and click the ‘PDA’ button. Now go to the folder in which you extracted the Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware and locate the file having a ‘.md5’ extension. Load that file and Odin will start doing its thing.
- Now turn off the Samsung Galaxy S II device and bring it back to life by pressing the ‘power’, ‘volume down’ and ‘home’ buttons together.
- You would receive a warning sign at this stage, proceed ahead by pressing the ‘volume up’ button. This will put the device in download mode.
- Finally connect the Samsung Galaxy S II to your PC via the USB cable. Skip to the Odin application that is running and wait for it to detect the phone. If Odin is unable to detect it, make sure that you have performed the Kies installation correctly.
- Now press the ‘Start’ button in Odin that can be found under the ‘Control Panel’ heading. This will install Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich on your device.
That was all there was to install Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich on your Samsung Galaxy S II.
via Redmond Pie
Galaxy Note is one of the popular Android devices out there. This is why it saw a lot of root solutions pop up fairly quickly. The only problem with this was that Samsung wound find out that you have rooted your device and would void your warranty. Samsung does so by incremental the flash counter each time you flash something. We now have a solution that allows us to root Galaxy Note while retaining our warranty and also flashing ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery at the same time. In this article we will explain how to root Samsung Galaxy Note and Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
- This procedure only works with the following kernels: KJ1 | KJ4 | KJ6 KJ7 KJ8 | KK1 KK2 KK3 KK4 KK5 | KKA | KK9 | KL1 |KL3. So you should have a proper kernel on your device. You can find your device’s kernel by going to Settings > About Phone > Kernel version. This would show a string of alphanumeric characters such as 220.127.116.11-N7000XXKL3-CL641703 with the bold numbers being your kernel number. If you kernel is not present above, you should not proceed with this procedure.
- Have the latest version of Samsung Kies app installed on your Galaxy Note. The Kies app automatically installs the necessary drivers needed for the procedure.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your Galaxy Note. You can do this by going to Settings > Applications > Development and checking the USB Debugging box.
- The final requirement is that the Galaxy Note should be enabled to install non-Market apps. You can do this by going to Settings > Applications and checking the Unknown sources box.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note and Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
In order to root Samsung Galaxy Note, perform the following steps:
- Extract the downloaded zip file to a folder on your desktop. You should be presented with an extracted folder called CF-Root-SGN_XX_ODD_KL3-v5.0-CWM5 (where KL3 is your firmware) and a subfolder called InitialCFRootFlasher.
- Now connect Galaxy Note to your PC.
- Go to the InitialCFRootFlasher folder and run not-rooted-yet.bat. If your device is already rooted you should run the already-rooted.bat file.
- Just follow the prompts on the screen and wait for the process to finish.
- If every goes well, as it should the Samsung Galaxy Note would reboot twice and after the second reboot you would have your device rooted.
- You can verify this by installing Root Checker.
That’s it, your Samsung Galaxy Note is now rooted and has ClockworkMod Recovery flashed on it.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus is one of the best selling Android phones and is certainly a device that is giving iPhone a run for its money. Samsung Galaxy Nexus has a lot of features that other Android devices currently lack. This is also because most other Android devices are yet to receive their update of Android Ice Cream Sandwich. Samsung Galaxy Nexus, like iPhone allows you to take screenshots on the Galaxy Nexus which can allow users to share their settings and wallpapers. In this article we will explain how to take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android Phone.
How to Take a Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android Phone
In order to take a screen shot on Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android Phone, do the following:
- Go to the screen that you want to capture.
- Disable the apps that you dont want to show up in your screenshot.
- Now press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button.
- You should now hear the camera shutter sound, which will indicate that the screenshot has been taken.
Screenshots in Samsung Galaxy Nexus are stored in Internal StoragePicturesScreenshots folder. In order to view your latest screenshot pull down the notification bar and tap on “Screen captured”.
That’s all you need to do in order to take screen shots in Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
The Galaxy Tablet P1000 is one of the popular Android tablets that is being produced by Samsung. In this article we will explain how to root Samsung Galaxy Tablet P1000 on Gingerbread 2.3.5.
- Samsung Galaxy Tablet P1000 running Gingerbread 2.3.5.
- Make sure that you already have installed ADB drivers.
- Download DooMLorD zergRush Tool v.4.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tablet P1000 On Gingerbread 2.3.5
- The first thing you would have to do is enable USB debugging on your device. Go to Settings > Applications > USB Debugging and check the box next to it to enable USB debugging.
- Now enable non-Market application installations. In order to do this, go to Settings > Applications and check the Unknown Sources box.
- Now connect the Samsung Galaxy Tablet to your PC.
- If the some drivers start installing at this stage, let them get installed.
- Extract the already downloaded DooMLoRD zergRush Tool v.4 on your PC.
- Run runme.bat to start installation of the tool.
- Let the process complete.
- Once the tool has run, the Samsung Galaxy Tab will reboot and
Your Tab should reboot when the whole procedure is complete. Once the Tablet reboots check for Superuser app in the app drawer or download the Root Checker app to verify root access.
HTC One S is one of the popular Android smartphones that is being manufactured by HTC. Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on HTC One S can now be rooted. In this article we will explain how to root HTC One S running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- HTC One S with an unlocked bootloader. If you dont have an unlocked bootloader you can have this from HTCDev website.
- Download the Superboot package.
How to Root HTC One S Running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Firstly, you need to download the Superboot package and extract its contents into a folder.
- Now put HTC One S into bootloader mode by turning it off and powering it on while keeping the Volume down key pressed.
- Now connect HTC One S with your PC via USB.
- Now just run install-superboot-windows.bat from the folder in which you extracted the Superboot package.
- Mac users however, would have to run the following commands from the terminal:
chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh
- Linux users would have to run the following commands:
chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh
After the Superboot script has finished its work, the HTC One S would be rooted.
Recently, the cases of spam, cold calls and on call harassment increases with the advancement in technology. With all details available online, it is now very easy for hackers to obtain a person’s personal information and contact details.
Technology gurus consider Android and iOS as world’s most popular mobile device platforms but both are unable to offer much in terms of security, blocking prank, filtering prank, ad, or any unwanted conversation. If someone is trying to prank you or is irritating you with cold calls, you cannot do much about them with Android or iOS devices. The only thing you can do is to contact your network and set up a block remotely for inbound number.
You may find the process lengthy and excessive, and you may be searching for any easy and short process for blocking spam calls on your Android device, if this is the case, you can download and install apps like “Root Call Blocker“.
The name “Root Call Blocker” itself indicates that the app requires access to the root of your device. Once you allow an access to root for this app, you can then enjoy an exceptional blocking and filtering system that controls both calls and SMS. The root access allows the app to endure 100% blocking of the unwanted calls all the time silently on your device. You can select between the options whether you want the app to notify you when blocking a caller number or do it silently without disturbing you. You can configure different settings for different caller numbers that you want to block.
The app allows you to choose from the five reject methods in total, that includes basic “Don’t Answer” option as well as an option to send a pre-meditated, automated SMS reply. You can use a trial version of the app as a start but it will only allow one item, while you can buy the Pro iteration for $5. The purchased app offers unlimited access to all of the features that any other app can offer.
This app may be another reason that makes you root your Android. We all wish that the apps like “Root Call Blocker” can become a staple part of all mobile’s OS system by default. The news is there that the new versions of iOS and Android may include feature-packed blockers in new smart phones but for now, “Root Call Blocker” can do more than good for us in order to get rid of unwanted callers and spammers.
Let us know about your experience with any other call blocker app and provide us with your feedback about our blog in the comments below!!
- Download Root Call Blocker Free for Android (Google Play Link)
- Download Root Call Blocker Pro for Android (Google Play Link)
If you have a rooted phone, you may want to unroot it before visiting a service center for a repair for any other reason. This will help you get your warranty back and save you from an unwanted conversation with the sales person at service center. If you want to unlock the Sprint’s version of the Galaxy S2 smartphone, Sprint Epic 4G Touch, keep reading this article to learn about how to do it.
I. Before You Begin
- Windows 7 or Windows XP desktop is necessary as this is a Windows-based tutorial.
- Before starting, make it sure that all Samsung drivers are up to date on your computer. You can make it sure by installing the latest Samsung Kies desktop application that installs all the latest drivers automatically for you.
- Download Odin3 v1.85.
- Download the latest stock ROM (EL29 as of now) from Sprint for the Epic 4G Touch.
II. How to Unroot the Sprint Galaxy S2 Epic 4G
- Extract ODIN3_v1.85.zip to a folder on your desktop.
- Extract D710USEL29_20120105151142_Stock.zip you downloaded above to a folder on your desktop.
- Run Odin3_v1.85.exe in the extracted folder but make sure that the Odin3.ini file remains in its primary location.
- Now, click on the PDA Button and select HOME_SPH-D710_CL852097_user.tar.md5 from the folder you extracted above.
- Check under the Option section that only Auto Reboot is checked. Uncheck all of the other boxes that are checked except of Auto Reboot.
- Turn OFF your Epic 4G Touch.
- Once your device is turned OFF, you can now press Volume Down and then press the Power button. Again, press Volume Up and your device will go into Download Mode.
- Make a connection between your PC and device using USB port. Kies must be installed before making connection. You will notice that the ID:COM will turn yellow, which indicates that your device is recognized. Now, the Odin window should look like this:
- To initiate, Click on Start button. Once the process is complete, Odin will begin flashing the stock ROM and reboot your device.
This is it!! You can download and use Root Checker to confirm if you have successfully unroot your device. Once confirmed, feel free to contact any service center without any worry.
You can provide use feedback about our blog in the comments below!!