Jailbreaking allows users a lot of power and flexibility to install apps that are not possible on the stock Apple devices. In this article we will explain how to jailbreak Apple TV 2G 5.0 using Seas0nPass. Before you begin, you should know that this is a tethered jailbreak.
How to Jailbreak Apple TV 2G 5.0 Using Seas0nPass
In order to jailbreak your Apple TV using Seas0nPass, perform the following steps:
- The first step would be to download the latest version of Seas0nPass.
- Extract Seas0nPass.
- Launch the executable by double clicking it.
- Press the ‘Create IPSW’ button on the main screen.
- This will make Seas0nPass download the latest firmware for Apple TV.
- After downloading the latest firmware, Seas0nPass will create a custom IPSW file.
- Seas0nPass will now ask you to connect your Apple TV with a PC via a micro-USB cable.
- Use the remote to put it into DFU mode. You can do this by holding MENU and PLAY/PAUSE for 7 seconds. Sometimes it takes several tries to put the Apple TV into DFU mode.
- Seas0nPass will upload some files once Apple TV has been successfully put into DFU mode. In addition to this, it will automatically launch iTunes and will start restoring the firmware.
- In order to boot your Apple TV, launch Seas0nPass again by double clicking on its icon.
- From the main menu, select Boot Tethered.
- Put Apple TV into DFU mode by connecting to a PC using USB and holding MENU and PLAY/PAUSE on the Apple TV remote for 7 seconds.
- Now Seas0nPass will detect Apple TV to be in DFU mode and will start the boot process.
- You can remove the USB cable once the tethered boot is complete.
Enjoy your jailbroken Apple TV.