Kindle Fire now has a new feature in the latest software update that allows users to share passages with people while using their Kindle Fire. So Kindle Fire users can now share passages from with e-Books or PDF files with other members of the Amazon community. In this article we will explain how to share PDF or eBook passages on Kindle Fire.
How to Share PDF or eBook Passages On Kindle Fire
In order to share passages PDF or eBook passages on Kindle Fire, perform the following steps:
- The first thing that you need to do is to select the passage to share. You can select the passage by long-pressing on that part of the text.
- This will highlight the text and would place brackets at the beginning and end of the highlighted text.
- Now drag the beginning and ending brackets to adjust your selection.
- Once you have selected exactly what you want to share, tap on the share button that is displayed just above the selected text.
- In addition to sharing the passage, you can also leave a note for yourself or keep the section highlighted so that you can reference it later.
- The sharing page will appear once you have tapped on the sharing button.
- From the sharing page, you can select on which social networks you would want to share the passage.
- Once you have tapped the orange button the passage would be shared with the Amazon community.
One of the worst things that could ever happen to Kindle Fire owners is having their digital companion lose power. The battery life of the tablet does not seem to have as much juice in it when you keep running apps and music in the background while browsing or reading.
The 8 hours of battery life listed on Amazon largely depends on how much you use it. Carrying a charger everywhere is not the only solution. Here are five tips to increase your kindle fire battery life:
- Turn the Wi-Fi off. The Kindle Fire has shortcuts to important features such as the Wi-Fi settings. There is an icon that looks like a gear at the top that lets you switch your Wi-Fi on or off. It will save more power if you disable it when you are not using the Internet.
- Do a charge cycle once a month. The Kindle has a lithium ion battery that could use a charge cycle to keep it efficient. It’s a simple task that helps prolong the quality of a battery. This is done by draining the battery completely and then charging it until it is full again. It is best to make a note of it in your calendar to remind yourself.
- Dial down the brightness. An obvious choice. The settings to this are available in the settings toolbar, similar to what you did for the Wi-Fi settings. Give the settings icon a tap and slide the bar to lower the brightness. Find a setting that is comfortable to your eyes, especially during daytime. You can still switch to the maximum brightness if needed.
- Not too hot and not too cold. Lithium batteries have a reputation of being averse to temperatures in the extremes. Room temperature is best. Don’t store it somewhere that can be too hot while being ice cold is not as bad. Kindle seem to have a shorter battery life in colder environments but go back to normal levels when it is warmer.
- Observe your apps and how much power they consume. There are apps out there that keep running in the background and drain your Fire’s power even when not being used. To do a quick check, get the Badass Battery Monitor from the app store. It’s free. Install, run and click “App Usage”. It will show you the apps that you have along with the power they consume.
Kindle Fire is certainly one of the most popular Android tablets out there. The device has built-in access to Amazon’s appstore, streaming movies, TV shows and e-books. By default Kindle Fire’s browser maintains a history of all your browsing history. This might be a concern for some. In this tutorial, we will explain how to clear your browsing history on Kindle Fire.
How to Clear Your Browsing History on Kindle Fire
- Tap on Web from your Kindle Dashboard. This will open up your browser.
- Once the browser is opened, tap on the “Options” icon (see screenshot below). You would be able to find this icon in the bottom of your Kindle screen.
- From Options, Tap the Settings button.
- Within Settings, scroll down to the Saved Data section.
- Within the Saved Data section, Tap the Clear History entry.
- This will open up a prompt. Just tap OK to confirm.
- If you want to double check whether your browsing history has been deleted or not. Go to Options again.
- And from here tap History.
- Within this section, you wont be able to see anything as all your history has just been deleted.
- Additionally, you can also clear your browsing history by coming to this screen and tapping the Clear All option at the top right corner of the screen.
That’s it – you’re done!
via Simple Help
Amazon has been in the e-reader business for quiet some time now. However, Amazon’s Kindle Fire is an Android based tablet, launched to prevent Apple from eating up Amazon’s kindle e-reader business. The Kindle fire is ranked amongst the best tablets available under $300. Kindle Fire has very tight integration with Amazon services, but is also quiet hacker friendly or may we say user friendly. In this article we will explain how to install MIUI on Kindle Fire Running Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich.
How to Install MIUI on Kindle Fire Running Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
Before you start following the guide, you need to have the following two things:
- Your Kindle Fire must be Rooted.
- You must have a custom recovery flashed on your Kindle Fire.
Additionally you should keep this in mind that flashing MIUI involves the deletion of all your personal data on your device. So do backup your personal data before hand.
Install MIUI on Kindle Fire:
- Download the latest version of MIUI for Kindle Fire.
- Transfer the downloaded .zip file to /sdcard on your Kindle Fire.
- After you have placed the download in /sdcard. Shut down your Kindle Fire.
- Boot into a custom recovery. You can use ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP to do so.
- Take a NANDROID backup. This is extremely advisable to avoid potential issues.
- Now carry out a complete wipe and factory reset from the custom recovery. Note: This step will delete all your personal data.
- Now Flash the ROM you transferred to /sdcard in Step 1. You can do this by going to sdcard and selecting choose zip from sdcard > [.zip MIUI file] in ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Now wipe out your cache and Dalvik cache.
Kindle Fire will now boot into MIUI on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. Enjoy !!
via Redmond Pie.